A Parkinson's Exercise Program
Delay the Disease™ is an evidenced-based fitness program designed to empower those living with Parkinson’s disease by optimizing their physical function and helping to delay the progression of symptoms. This national wellness program is designed to retrain mind and body.
• Maintenance of independence • Improve Strength
• Improve Posture • Gain Confidence • Improve quality of life • Improve Balance
Come put the power back into your step! We are now implementing the PowerPlate in some classes. The powerplate can safely build muscle and stability by stimulating neuromuscular connections.
“Since I started ‘Exercising with Parkinson’s’ eight months ago, I have much more confidence in my ability to live with the disease. I have lost weight while gaining muscle mass, I can get up out of bed or stand up from a chair more easily, I have gained flexibility, and I can walk with more assurance. My balance has improved and so has my outlook on life. The course has made a great difference in my life.” -Bob
- Small Group Sessions 2x per week for 4-weeks
- Monday, April 5th - Wednesday, April 28th
- Monday, May 3rd - Wednesday, May 26th
- Monday, May 31st - Wednesday, June 24th
- MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS:
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm
RED BANK CLASS
- TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS:
- 1:30pm - 2:15pm
This program is appropriate for individuals in Stage one, two, or three of Parkinson's. The participant must be fully independent.